Књиге, интернет, филмови - вољум 5

Strana 4 od 4 Prethodni  1, 2, 3, 4

Pogledaj prethodnu temu Pogledaj sledeću temu Ići dole

Re: Књиге, интернет, филмови - вољум 5

Počalji  slawen taj Pet Jan 14, 2011 8:53 am

Awakened at 4:33 a.m. Wednesday by a ringing phone, Aaron Titus jumped out of bed in a panic. Maybe something terrible had happened, he thought. Even if nothing was wrong, his heart raced with other considerations: His five children, ages 5 and under, including his week-old daughter, were mercifully still asleep, and he wanted to keep it that way.
In a blurry rush, Titus answered the phone halfway into the second ring, listening in disbelief to an automated caller tell him what he already knew: It was a snow day. School would open two hours late. In other words, he and his family could sleep.

But now he couldn't.

"I thought, 'C'mon, people. Really?" he recalls.
Sometime later in the day, the 31-year-old father from Fort Washington, a lawyer who knows a thing or two about technology, made a decision that might well bring amused satisfaction to like-minded parents everywhere.
Titus arranged for an automated message of his own.
He found a robocall company online, taped a message and listed every phone number he could find for nine school board members (sparing the student member), Superintendent William R. Hite and General Counsel Roger C. Thomas.
At 4:30 a.m. Thursday, phones began ringing with 29 seconds of automated, mocking objection:
"This is a Prince George's County School District parent, calling to thank you for the robocall yesterday at 4:30 in the morning. I decided to return the favor. While I know the school district wanted to ensure I drop my child off two hours late on a snow day, I already knew that before I went to bed. I hope this call demonstrates why a 4:30 a.m. call does more to annoy than to inform.'' .....

..... School board member Edward Burroughs III said he had not personally gotten one of Titus's robocall rebukes, but considered it "very clever."
"I definitely appreciate his creativity," he said.
On a more serious note, Burroughs said that "I think, in the future, if we know the night before, we need to make the call the night before." Ten o'clock or so may seem late, he said, "but 4:30 in the morning?"
The robocall, he concluded, made a point. "It's certainly something that I welcome all parents to do - communicate with us, by any means necessary," he said.
slawen

Broj poruka : 5750
Datum upisa : 11.07.2009

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji  slawen taj Pet Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am

Решавам малу дневну крижаљку Вашингтон Поста (некако сам уобразио да ћу тако поправити свој бедни енглески) и негде при дну наиђем на два лака питања: 58 down - Scandinavian capital (4 letters) > OSLO i 59 down - Belgrade resident (4 слова) > SERB. Кад оно Осло јесте, али Србин није.
Ух, мајку му, па ваљда ја знам ко живи у Београд, каква је ово опет антисрпска завера?
CROAT није, има слово вишка, можда RVAT - није, прво је S, али није SHQIP (мада их има; уосталом, то је језик, а не нација, а уз то већ свуда пишу Albanian), па на крају испаде SLAV.

–noun
one of a group of peoples in eastern, southeastern, and central Europe, including the Russians and Ruthenians (Eastern Slavs), the Bulgars, Serbs, Croats, Slavonians, Slovenes, etc. (Southern Slavs), and the Poles, Czechs, Moravians, Slovaks, etc. (Western Slavs).

Word Origin & History

late 14c., Sclave, from M.L. Sclavus (c.800), from Byzantine Gk. Sklabos (c.580), from O.Slav. Sloveninu "a Slav," probably related to slovo "word, speech," which suggests the name originally meant member of a speech community (cf. O.C.S. Nemici "Germans," related to nemu "dumb;" and cf. O.E. þeode, which meant both "race" and "language"). Identical with the -slav in personal names (e.g. Rus. Miroslav, lit. "peaceful fame;" Mstislav, lit. "vengeful fame;" Jaroslav, lit. "famed for fury;" Czech Bohuslav, lit. "God's glory;" and cf. Wenceslas). Spelled Slave c.1788-1866, influenced by Fr. and Ger. Slave. Adj. Slavic is attested from 1813; earlier Slavonic (1640s), from Slavonia, a region of Croatia.

Лепо, мада мало немушто. Миссим, наводници на погрешним местима, грешке у словима (nemu место nemi) и тако то.
Још само кад би некако успели да избришемо оне ружне (и очигледно погрешне) интерпретације по којима "slav" потиче од латинског "sclav" што је преточено у енглеско "slave", па да нам крене.
slawen

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji  slawen taj Pet Jan 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Maкарије чудотворац:

The New Jersey Supreme Court has disbarred a former BigLaw partner, Kenneth Denti, the lawyer at Fox Rothschild and Margolis Edelstein, for creating phony time records, having sex with a client and submitting expense vouchers for dinners with women he was dating.

Denti made “bogus” time entries at both law firms to justify his continued compensation, the opinion says. He also had sex with a divorce client at Margolis Edelstein and billed Margolis Edelstein for meals with other women he was dating, including two women he met through the Internet, according to the review board.

Denti and the divorce client had both denied a sexual relationship, but flirtatious e-mails told a different story, according to the opinion. The document goes through a series of questions presented to Denti during the ethics hearing and his denials, including this question: “Let's talk about your e-mail. What are you talking about with a whole case of raincoats and using them all in one night?”

The review board said the relationship with the divorce client was unethical because she was attempting to reconcile with her husband at the time.

Рејнкоутс! kiki kiki kiki kiki
slawen

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji  Hate mail taj Pet Jan 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Nisi to znao?
Hate mail

Broj poruka : 1521
Datum upisa : 27.02.2010

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji  slawen taj Pet Jan 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Ма јесам, него ми смешно како дебил пали рибу: потрошићу кутију (па уместо куртона, што би донекле можда и било шмекерски, према стандардима оног мог хајде жено кући и спреми се да примиш буџу познаника каже) "хигијенских гумица" на тебе!
Биг спендер.

Боље звучи Бата Животиња: има да те карам целу ноћ.
slawen

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji  slawen taj Pet Jan 14, 2011 7:49 pm

LONDON - Grupa naučnika iz Britanskog kraljevskog društva (BKD) založila se za osnivanje internacionalnog tela za poslove sa vanzemaljskim civilizacijama.

Кад га Блиц скрати.... БКД!
slawen

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Počalji  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Strana 4 od 4 Prethodni  1, 2, 3, 4

Pogledaj prethodnu temu Pogledaj sledeću temu Nazad na vrh

Dozvole ovog foruma: